This position is 36.25 hours per week/7.25 hours per day.
Pay rate is commensurate upon experience and working knowledge.
Hiring manager will determine pay rate offered based on experience and working knowledge of candidate selection.
All candidates are required to take Microsoft 2007 Word,
Excel and Outlook testing at the intermediate level. Full testing results should be included on the bottom of each resume in order to be shared with the manager.
Per Pay Period Tasks:
• Process all employee Payroll transactions (EXCEPT FOR MEA, PG Promotions, Company Transfers and non Intern & non Facility Terms)
• New Hires & PKDB – Enter Domestic New Hires in Ceridian and enter all New Hires in the PKDB.
• Dependent Driver Program – Handle all Dependent Driver transactions and communication.
• Review Deductions Owed spreadsheet and make the appropriate entries on current payroll.
• Prepare and Process Manual Checks as needed.
Garnishments and Wage Attachments:
• Per Payroll: Respond to inquiries from Federal, State, Local and Child Support Agencies. Handle all correspondence to and from employees regarding wage attachments. Set up and monitor all garnishments and child supports in Ceridian. Maintain active garnishment spreadsheet on shared drive.
• Bonus Payrolls & Additional Checks: If stated on notice, call agency and verify whether withholding is required from bonus and/or second checks.
• Terminating Garnishments and Child Supports: Verify final garnishment payments if required by agency. Submit written notification to agency of any employee termination. Remove deduction from payroll bag.
Payroll Trial and Post Payroll Activity Trial Auditing:
• Payroll Trial: Receive, reconcile and process external facility custom files. Verify all garnishments and child supports have been deducted from payroll as required by the wage attachment / child support order.
• Post Payroll Activity: Prepare 401k Wire Spreadsheet and provide to Benefits with back up documentation. Provide SERP and SWAGE IDR to Benefits.
Enter OT Memo and verify Processing Info for next payroll.
Review IDR’s on all PSID’s for missed deductions: HYATT, FSALP, FSAHC, FSADC, SLI, SLIM, CHLIF, SPLIF,SPMLF, CHMLF, LOAN, ENHCD, DELUX, INSUR.
• Daily: Maintain Intern Folder and Active Intern List on Shared Drive.
Enter New Hire Interns in Ceridian.
Follow up on missing Social Security numbers.
Enter and maintain Intern PTO Days in CARS.
Maintain Adjusted Service Date for purposes of AEL program only.
Enter #PDA for check stubs.
• Per Payroll: For starting interns - Verify start date with Intern Coordinator. Enter salary, paperwork and HC. For terminating interns – Verify assignment end date with Intern Coordinator, review intern’s timesheet to make sure it is up to date.
If CA intern, is manual check needed for final pay? Has all PTO been used? Remove HC and provide Supervisor with any missing or updated intern PSR’s.
• Annually: Any intern SSN not received by final payroll of the year, must replace SSN with 000-00-0000.
Benefits and 401k Responsibilities:
• Per Payroll: Process 401k, Catch up and Loan deductions as provided by Benefits Specialist. Run BDI and email BDI count to supervisor.
• Annual: Reconcile all FSA (FSALP, FSAHC and FSADC) contributions to check that all associates will meet their annual elections by the last payroll of the year.
Facilities and Union Responsibilities:
• Per Payroll: Process all payroll transactions for facility employees, set up union dues and initiation deductions, collect retro union dues owed, respond to inquiries from and regarding facility employees.
• Monthly: Reconcile and prepare all payments related to unions for Jersey City and Nazareth.
• As needed: Respond to inquiries from all Unions as well as provide support necessary for Union Audits.
Shared Tasks with Other Payroll Team Members:
• Preparing and Running Trial Payrolls
• Mail – Handling and Responding
• Sorting Payroll Checks
• Employment Verifications – Will rotate every 6 months
• Begin New and Translate Process
3-5 years of payroll experience required.
Must have current working knowledge in handling multi-state garnishments/wage attachments.
Must be able to work independently (think out of the box). Strong attention to detail.
Must have strong MS Office Skills (Word, Excel and Outlook). Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Prefers an individual who is passionate in the payroll field.